First, go to Instagram developer center. Click Here to open URL.
After URL opened into new tab you will see the same screen as below screenshot. Click on Login menu which is highlighted in the screenshot.
After clicking on login link in the menu you will be redirected to the login page. Fill your account credentials and click on login button.
After successful login, you will see Instagram developer client dashboard. Now, click on Register Your Application button which is highlighted in below screenshot.
Now you will be redirected to Mange Clients page. Here you will find a green color button Register a New Client. So, click on it same as a screenshot.
A Register a New Client Id form page will open on the same screen. Fill the form details according to your application needs. In this tutorial, we are filling the details according to Instagram Shortcode & Widget WordPress plugin. And the sample details as below:
1) Application Name – WordPress Plugin (Do not use Instagram, IG, insta or gram in your app name.)
2) Description – Instagram WordPress plugin to display your Instagram photos on WordPress blog site. (define your app basic working details here)
3) Company Name – Type the company name here
4) Website URL – https://weblizar.com/ (you can provide your site domain URL in this field where you using this app)
5) Valid Redirect URIs – http://localhost/weblizar-premium/wp-admin/post-new.php?post_type=imgp_instagram (This is the same URL of your plugin or application dashboard where the requested data will be posted. This is exactly Add New Instagram page URL of plugin)
6) Contact Email – provide your email address in this field
7) ReCaptcha – enter the captcha code value in this field for secure registration procedure by Instagram.
8) Disable implicit OAuth – Go to security tab above the page, and uncheck the disable implicit OAuth option.
9) Register – Finally after filling all valid details in form click on the register button to complete register.
After successful registration completion, you will find your client id as marked in bellow screenshot.
Now you can copy and use Client ID in any application.